Integrated Community Development Project (ICDP) initiated by CEVA with the support of Christ University Centre for Social Action (CSA) focuses on the welfare and development of the community. The three year (Sept 2015-Sept 2018) project operated in Kainakari (Alappuzha) and Udaya Colony (Ernakulam) of Kerala. The project was extended for another half year (till March 2019) after the scheduled three year, to support the victims of Kerala flood 2018.The focus areas are:
CHILD WELFARE PROGRAMMES
- School aid distribution – 393 children.
- Professional Education Support – 22 youth.
- Computer Training – 44 youths
- Value Added Learning for Upliftment in Education and Social Life – 150 students.
- Summer Program – 5 camps covering 270 students.
- Health Awareness Programme
- Health camps – 6 camps
- Treatment Support – 46 cancer/ terminally ill patients.
- Family & Community Enrichment – 650 families.
- Health and Happiness program for elderly – 50 elders.
- Chenda Training – A Chenda melam team with professionally qualified performers was formed.
- Motor Driving –48 women.
- Beautician Course – 69 women.
- Cookery class – 12 day cookery course.
- Income Generation Programs – Food processing unit, tailoring unit and Water supply and 8 people were supported.
- Skill Training – 15 days training was initiated for the women in Kainakary with the support of Global Visions India (GVI).
- Sustainable agriculture campaigns
- Kitchen Garden promotion – 280 families.
- Aqua farming to grow 1000 fish seeds.
- Flood Rehabilitation –reconstruction of 17 houses.