Cyriac Elias Voluntary Association (CEVA) conducted Awareness Generation Programme (AGP) on Organ Donation in different colleges in and around Ernakulam. The Campaign included Exhibition, Input Sessions, Video clippings, Signature Campaign, Distribution of IEC materials, Signing the consent forms etc…
Exhibition – The exhibition was arranged in the College campus. The exhibition provided information about the need for Organ Donation including statistics, Age factor, Tissues/ Organs that can be donated, myths, messages, living testimonies etc…
Need, Debunk the Myths – The Secretary of CEVA, Rev. Fr. Jince Padinjareyil CMI talked on the relevance of focusing on youth for the Organ Donation Campaign.
Organ Donation – The medical aspects and explanations related to Organ Donation were taken by the Project Officer of CEVA, Ms. Zera Bai Rajan. She also dealt with the Legal aspects of Organ Donation, Brain Death & its certification, etc.
Real Life Experience – Project Officer, Mr. Sinoj Xavier shared his real life experience on being a part of Organ Donationand explained the role of youth in spreading awareness on Organ Donation.
IEC Materials – The IEC materials prepared by CEVA on Organ Donation were distributed to the students.
Signature Campaign – “I Care to Share, I will be an Organ Donor” was signed by the participants to express their support for this noble venture.
Awareness Genration Programmes were conducted in the following Colleges:
1. Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalammassery – August 19, 2014
2. Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies. Kakkanad – September 16, 2014
3. Aquinas College, Edakochin – October 14, 2014
4. KMM College of Arts & Science, Thrikkakara – October 23, 2014
5. Chavara Institute of Management And media Studies, Kochi – November 14, 2014
6. St. Albert’s College, kacheripady – December 4, 2014
7. Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara – December 9, 2014
8. St. Michael’s College, Cherthala – January 28, 2014
9. St. Joseph Taechers Training College for Women, Ernakulam – February 9, 2014