Cyriac Elias Voluntary Association (CEVA) initiated the Community Development Project with the support of Air Products in the 14th & 15th Ward of Vadavucode Puthencruz Panchayath. The project was commenced on 3rd September 2016, with distribution of free Universal Health Insurance to all families residing in the 15th ward of the Panchayath. Later, the geographical area of the project was extended to the 14th ward of the Panchayath. The project concluded on the 26th April 2019. The project activities include:
- Universal Health Insurance for 343 families covering 1188 beneficiaries; Personal Accident Policy for 1344 beneficiaries.
- Drinking water in the summer 2017 due to seasonal scarcity of water and later in 2018 (Sept-Oct) as post flood response.
- Medical camps were organized in collaboration with Sunrise Hospital Kakkanad and Rajagiri Hospital Aluva on 26th January 2017 and 10th June 2018 respectively.
- Fixing of 4 Convex Mirrors
- Establishment of tailoring unit in June 2018 with 5 machines which provided training for 50 women till date.
- Hand-Embroidery Course – CEVA in collaboration with Women’s Polytechnic Kalamasserry facilitated 3 months course for 25 young women.
- Training for Motor driving – 22 women including both 2 wheeler and 4 wheelers vehicles.
- Contribution to the local resource centers – the project contributed of 25 chairs each for 4 Anganwadies in the project area.
- Tuition classes for children studying in class 5th to 9th.