1987 – CEVA
On January 27, 1987 Cyriac Elias Voluntary Association was registered under the Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act of 1955.
1989- Establishment of Northern Regional Office
With the aim of coordinating projects and assisting NGOs in North India, CEVA started a regional office in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. The Northern Regional Office (NRO) of CEVA started functioning in 1989.
April 2000 – Establishment of Eastern Regional Office
CEVA opened its second regional office in Kolkata in April 2000 to cater to the needs of the international donors and project partners in the east and northeast regions.
2001 – Establishment of Research and Development Wing
As part of the diversification of the activities of CEVA, a Research and Development wing was started in 2001 at Kochi and Ghaziabad to take up consultancy assignments from NGOs and development organizations. This wing undertakes research in various subjects related to development, and handles the direct implementation of various projects. It also assists NGOs in assessing the needs of the project areas through participatory rural appraisal. The wing also conducts feasibility studies and formulates proposals to respond to the needs of the people. Networking with NGOs and government departments is done by this department. This wing also provides training to NGOs on related topics.
2010 – Shifting of NRO to Delhi
In January 2010, the Northern Regional office was shifted from Ghaziabad to Delhi.
2012 – Silver Jubilee
CEVA celebrated 25 years of its existence in the field of Social Development. The Silver Jubilee was a yearlong celebration (2012-2013) with new initiatives to ensure better existence of the marginalized and downtrodden sections of our society. Our focus of the initiatives was HIV/AIDS, Children, and NGOs etc.