Sahrudaya Services and Charities is the official organ of social work for Sacred Heart Province, Kochi established in 1979. Major Activities are as follows:
1. Ten House a Year Project – Sahrudaya constructed more than 250 houses under this scheme.
2. Crisis Interventions (Grant-in-Aid) – House repair, Professional Educational Fund, Financial Assistance for treatment, Marriage Assistance etc.
3. Student Sponsorship Programme – Sahrudaya provides educational services to 643 low income group children from 15 centres.
4. Summer Sauhrudam – Seven hundred and fifty children participated in these camps conducted in the month of April.
5. Annual Get-together (Onam Sauhrudam) – Celebrations with children during Onam vacation.
6. Regional Get-together (Christmas Sauhrudam) – Christmas celebrations with children.
7. Annual Day Celebration (Thejus) – During summer vacation Rajagiri Sahrudaya organize an exhilarating anniversary called “THEJUS”, for
our scholarship students.
8. Higher Education Motivational Fund – Sahrudaya extents its support to students who complete the 12th grade in the form of an additional fund called Higher Education Fund. This fund is used long with a motivational slogan for students “UPARI PADANAM VEEDINTE RAKSHAKU NADINTE NANMAKU”
9. Distribution of Emergency Lamps – Sahrudaya approached the Bajaj Electricals and BPL Companies for getting their emergency lamps for our students under the banner of company’s Corporate Social Responsibility scheme. We distributed up to 140 emergency lamps to our students.
10. Remedial Education – Sahrudaya arranges remedial education for the primary, high school and higher secondary school students. We have selected local B. Ed qualified teachers as instructors to help students master sunjects like Mathematics, English and Science.
11. Senior Forums – Vayovandanam – In each centre about 30 seniors come for the forum’s meetings regularly, irrespective of caste or creed. With the cooperaton of general public we were able to provide seniors with Pudava, Marunnu Kanji Kit, Medicine,Medical Camps.
12. Project for the Differently Abled People – Three SHGs at Manappuram, Vallakom and Vypin respectively named Karunya, Kripa and Prathyasa are functioning for the differently abled people.
13. Self Help Groups – At present there are 30 Self Help Groups at Vypin- Ernakulam District. 584 members from these 30 SHG’s are actively engaged in different
social development activities especially among rural women.
14. Gift a goat, Lift a life – ‘Gift a goat, Lift a life’ project – is visualizing three ever vital motto of Self Help Groups – mutual help, mutual trust and solidarity. Needy and deserving poor families of Vypin are provided with goats as their income generation programme under this project.
15. Anganwadi – Suvarna Jayanthi Samoohya Vikasana Kendra at Glass Colony, Kalamassery; houses the local Anganwadi in a small plot of land. It also provides venue for community education programmes, and programmes for the elderly and National Literacy Mission.